June 14, 2012

Grandpa Shorty, Stella's Great Grandpa

My Grandpa Shorty 
1917 - 2012
Grandpa passed away today on June 14, 2012 with my dad and my aunt Deb by his side in Toledo, Ohio.  He was 94 yrs. old and SHARP AS A TAC & FULL OF PERSONALITY which anyone would attest to.

He married my grandma Stella - whom our Stella is named after - and was happily married for 60 yrs.  Stella passed away several years ago, about 14 yrs. ago - so Grandpa now is reunited with the love of his life.

Grandpa is was the last to pass away out of 14 siblings.

I am so very grateful for all the wonderful memories I have of my Grandpa.

Love you Grandpa - you sure were one of a kind and will be so so missed

xoxoxoxox  Jen, Justin, "your little angel" as you always called her, Stella Jane.




 Shorty & Stella
1940's 





Grandma Stella & Me
The day I graduated Univ. of Toledo






My sister took this photo - love it




Great Grandpa Shorty with his "little angel" Stella - his one and only Great Grandchild.  I am very sad he will not be here to meet Baby #2 who will be arriving within a week or two.  But am SO grateful for all the time he and Stella had with each other as I know it's very unique and special.




4-Generations





STELLA'S 1st BIRTHDAY PARTY
AUGUST 21, 2010
 Aunt Deb, Me & Grandpa


 Look at 1-year old Stella looking at her Great Grandpa here, ha!



Grandpa with his neighbor Autumn




A COLLECTION OF OUR MANY VISITS WITH GRANDPA THROUGH THE YEARS
HE WAS ALWAYS SO HAPPY TO SEE HIS LITTLE ANGEL









If you look at the sheet of music behind Stella on the piano here - you'll see it's for the song 
"Stella By Starlight"
Grandpa told me about this song when Stella was born and so I got it sheet music.




The Toledo Zoo
Aunt Deb & Grandpa met us for a playdate there last summer 2011





A friend of mine told me years ago how my Grandpa Shorty looked just like the guy from UP.  I had not ever seen the movie until Stella was 2 yrs old - and then I saw it about a MILLION TIMES.  It was her favorite movie during the summer of 2011.
Here is a photo of Grandpa enjoying the movie for the first time while at our house for Stella's 2nd bday party.
And here is a fun photo my friend made.






HALLOWEEN 2012







Celebrating Great Grandpa's 94th Birthday
November 2011






May 2012
Just a week or so before Grandpa went to the hospital to have surgery on his leg
Although in alot of pain he was still all smiles to see little Stella

I was driving down Central Ave. parked a red light when i just happen to glance over down Grandpa's street and What Do You Know....There he was!  Many friends and family enjoyed seeing Shorty on the corner here with his Golden Retriever - I would get messages from friends saying "Just drove by and saw Shorty on the corner!"





VIDEO COLLECTION of SHORTY 


Celebrating his 90th
He was a hoot






Scooter Rides with Stella, Part 1





Scooter Rides with Stella, Part 2


Great Grandpa Plays The Harmonica For Baby Stella
October 2009






Grandpa we will miss you so much.

WE LOVE YOU




6 comments:

  1. Amy Lesniewicz-ArndtJune 15, 2012

    These are so wonderful Jen. Did you notice the photo of you, Aunt Deb and Grandpa at Stella's first birthday party Ben Taylor is in the background. Sad to think both have passed. Both funny guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda McMahonJune 15, 2012

    Loved this! Such wonderful memories of a very special man. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new baby will have a special guardian angel. Shorty was an amazing guy. I will forever hear that voice of his telling me the proper pronunciation of Lesniewicz. Grandma Stella was equally amazing, I loved my special time with her. I'm happy that they are together again. Thanks for sharing your grandparents with me. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sweet photo and video collection. The video of Shorty dancing at his 90th captures his personality as an upbeat, funny and witty man. I'm sure he's up there dancing the polka and eating pierogies to his heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jenny, how sweet! What a precious man ... I love when he and Stella had to go "off roading" to get around the bump in the sidewalk. I'll be thinking of and praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 17, 2012

    So sorry to hear about your granddad. The pictures are so great. Wonderful memories for Stella to have in picture form.

    Sharon & Jerry Price

    ReplyDelete