Stella was able to wear The Stella Friendship Dress for the very first time officially this week!
YAY!!!
Stella in her Traveling Friendship Dress!
March 19, 2012
With the help of my mom cinching it in the back (temporarily) - it fits like a glove! And big bonus - I will uncinch it as needed, as she grows, and thus she will get years out of this dress.
And I can't say this enough....I ADORE THIS DRESS. Simply adore it! And oh it's even more special when i see her prancing around it in while she's walking in Hobby Lobby with me holding onto a big easter basket filled with eggs. It was a beautiful day, unseasonably warm here in Toledo (75/80) and she was just a doll in it, a walking doll I tell you. Biased you think? ;)
So - get ready for future emails that will be sent to each of you showing her in her dress when she's wearing one of the special embellishments that several of you had made (aprons, sashes, matching purses, etc.). I look so forward to her wearing this each week with a different look to it!
And I want to Thank all of you who were a part of this very special project. It's so dear to my heart and will be a heirloom for sure. Hopefully Stella has babies of her own some day, and hopefully she gets at least one girl so she can put her in this...and if not then hopefully she gets at least one grand-daughter of her own some day. And if this baby #2 is a girl - get ready "Friends Of The Traveling Dress Project" because I'll be hitting you up to particpate in one more. If you are up for it of course!
Special Note: I took the dress to Florida this year with me because a good family friend of the Clark's and Justin, Stella and me, wanted to be a part of this and add a button to the button border. When she heard about this dress last year while we were visiting with her then in FL we made plans back then for me to bring the finished dress to Florida the next year. So that's what I did :) Bunny - thank you for your addition - the last button spot that I had reserved for you was filled with your adorable kitty button (or as Stella calls a Kitty, your "Wah-Wah" button. I know - what? a Wah-Wah means kitty?? hee hee). The button that your mother had been holding onto for so long that you chose to use is purrrr-fect ;) xoxo
Bunny's Kitty Button
And now for the piano pic series - it's hard to get the right shot, thank goodness for the digital camera these days ;) Take a look at this series - I think they're all pretty cute, but i'm biased huh :)
And for a chronological look back at all the additions and contributions made to The Stella Friendship Dress, you can click on the Original Post link below.
~XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX~
No comments:
Post a Comment