May 31, 2011

Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress Project: COMPLETE!!!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress Project:  COMPLETE!!!

Start Date:  October 26, 2010
Completion Date:  May 2011

All You Sisters Are Awesome!  Thank you for being a part of this very special dress!  And still to come, an accessory for the dress by Stella's Great Aunt Susan "Sue-Sue" in Vermont, a button from Stella's Great Aunt Deb in Toledo, a button from Bunny in Florida, and an apron by her mommy.  

This dress will be quite the heirloom :)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO




The Stella Friendship Dress made it's rounds spanning the country from Toledo, to Southern Ohio, Down South to Georgia and further south onto Florida, then making it's way Out West to Denver,  Up to Northern Michigan and heading Out to the East Coast over to Maine and then Down to Vermont where I was reunited with it and saw it for the very first time since I started it back on October 26, 2010!

And HOW ADORABLE it turned out!!!  Thank You, Thank you, THANK YOU all of you for being a part of this and obliging my request when i asked if you'd like to join in on this very special dress of Stella's.   

Stella wore this while in Vermont for photos but we'll want to wait a little longer before she can really wear it as it's a little long on her - but it won't be too far off before she can wear it and oh i can't wait!







EVERY PART OF THIS DRESS IS MY FAVORITE PART
that's all i can say!






ALL THE CUTE CARDS AND NOTES




And now for a detailed PHOTO LOG so each of you can see the dress in all of it's various stages and know who did what.  And again, THANK YOU.  You all did such a wonderful and THOUGHTFUL job. 



 
PHOTO LOG


October 26, 2010
SKIRT
BUTTON ON BORDER 

STELLA'S MOMMY
Toledo, OHIO

  I sewed the skirt using my daughter's Great Grandmother, my grandmother, Stella's 1950's sewing machine.
 










November 16, 2010
BODICE, TRIM BETWEEN SKIRT & BODICE, & 3 BUTTONS ON TRIM
BUTTON ON BORDER 

STELLA'S JEAMMA (my mom)
Toledo, OHIO










November 2010
RUFFLE
 APRON 
FABRIC FLOWER WITH BEAD - On Bodice



STELLA'S GREAT AUNT SNOOKIE
Toledo, OHIO









November 2010
POCKET WITH TRIM
BUTTON ON BORDER 

STELLA'S AUNT AMY
Toledo, OHIO












December 6,  2010
REMOVABLE SASH
BUTTON ON BORDER 

JILL

Toledo, OHIO









January 2011
ELEPHANT PATCH On Aunt's Joyce's Apron



STELLA'S 2nd COUSIN, KELSEY

Toledo, OHIO




January 2011
2 APRONS & SASH
BUTTON ON BORDER 

STELLA'S GREAT AUNT JOYCE

Toledo, OHIO


 
Showing Button Border

Full Apron Length

Sash









January 2011
3 BOWS On Aunt Joyce's Apron



STELLA'S GREAT GRANDMA ALICE
Grandma is 86 yrs. old & she hand sewed these bows!

Toledo, OHIO






January 2011
BUTTERFLY PATCH On Aunt Joyce's Sash
BUTTON On Aunt Joyce's Sash
BUTTON ON BORDER 

STELLA'S GREAT AUNT JANICE
Fort Olgethorpe, GEORGIA



















January 2011
2 FABRICS FOR OTHERS TO USE
(Jodi, I Will Be Using These For My Apron, Thanks!)
BUTTON ON BORDER



STELLA'S 2nd COUSIN, JODI

Denver, COLORADO
(Now Living In Wilmington, NC)
























February 2011
APRON


MARGO (Britny's Mom)

Traverse City, MICHIGAN
 Showing Top 3 Buttons
Full Apron







March 2011
HANGING STAR In Amy's Pocket
(Using Jodi's Orange Elephant Fabric)
BUTTON ON BORDER



STELLA'S "BRIT-BRIT" (BRITNY)

Traverse City, MICHIGAN
















March 16,  2011
ACCESORY FOR DRESS:  PURSE
(Using Jodi's 2 Fabrics)
FABRIC BUTTON FLOWER FOR BACK OF DRESS 
(Using Jodi's 2 Fabrics) 

BUTTON BORDER
(Shell Button From Florida)


(Peggy, I Did Sew Your Flower Onto Back Of Dress!)




PEGGY (Lola's GiGi)

Deerfield Beach, FLORIDA















March 29, 2011
TINY PINK BUTTON
BUTTON BORDER


STELLA'S FRIEND, LOLA

Bellbrook, OHIO








March 29, 2011
ORANGE RICKRACK
BUTTON BORDER



EMILEE (Lola's Mommy)

Bellbrook, OHIO








April 2011
"S" ON AMY'S POCKET
BUTTON BORDER



JENNY

West Chester, OHIO









May 2011
BUTTON BORDER



STELLA'S 2nd COUSIN, KAREN
Springfield, OHIO






May 2011
BUTTON BORDER
(button from her Juicy dress!)


STELLA'S AUNT HADLEY

Portland, MAINE






May 2011
BUTTON BORDER
TWO BUTTONS ON BACK OF DRESS

STELLA'S JoNana

Strafford, VERMONT







OTHER ADDITIONS ADDED in 2012
 

March 2012
BUTTON BORDER
KITTY BUTTON

STELLA'S friend Bunny

Lighthouse Point, FLORIDA
(button sewn on during our visit with Bunny in Kissimmee, FL 2012)





April 2012
APRON
 STELLA'S friend Claire
Toledo, OHIO
(Claire dropped by for a visit and to give Stella her apron just days before she moved to D.C.)






THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU 
~To All Of You~
 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox



 

9 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 31, 2011

    Great post, I love seeing what everyone did!! Adorable photos of Stella in her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly "stellar" outfit! I love the pop of orange around the waist and the colorful buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 01, 2011

    It's great to see how it all came together, step-by-step. Such a special dress, and such a creative & fun idea. Thanks for sharing! -Hadley

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 01, 2011

    So fun to see all the creative additions - Good Job All!.........Jeamma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing its "journey" with us Jen :) It turned out fabulous!
    … I feel a bit like a jerk because of my initial response when you ran the idea past your mom and me. I'm so glad you didn't listed to us :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I deleted my first post. My OCD kicked in when I realized I had made a grammatical error, and I HAD to fix it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 03, 2011

    It is amazing to see this, finally! I have been so curious to see what everyone did as I had the dress in the beginning stages. What a great thing for Stella to have and cherish forever :o)

    Also, I am giving you an award for this post. I would have been boozing it up afterwards, I cannot imagine how long it must have taken you. Great Job!!!

    I have also tried to post my comment since the day you posted this but it will not let me post under my blogger account, so I went Anonymous.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 29, 2013

    Great job ladies! Stella will cherish her dress forever!!

    Jeannine and Olivia x

    ReplyDelete