June 11, 2010

Bow, Bows....and More Bows!

 So i got sick of rifling through Stella's small box of a million hair bows and i decided to make her a "Bow Frame".  I used the same fabric that my mom used for her crib bumper & closet curtain and then i chose two 2 styles of ribbon to layer up.  Here's a before the bows were attached pic and after.   The bows slide and clip onto the rose ribbon.    I chose the roses because the elephant in her painting is holding a red rose.  Oh to live in the world of a stay home mommy, huh :)

BTW this is all just in time for Stella to start ripping out the bows from her hair and drench them in her saliva as she chews on them like a teathing toy.  But don't worry, i'm adamantly working on training her to keep them in as i have quite the investment in these things and Miss Stella is going to learn they are for wardrobe not chewing ;)  (yeah, right, i know)

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 12, 2010

    Jen I LOVE this!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME!!! I'm stealing this idea (not for Davis' hair bows, haha), but when I re-do our office/spare bedroom I want a memo board but all the ones I find are semi-dorky, now I know that I can steal your idea and make my own custom board to coordinate with the room :o) Let's just hope I don't screw it up, I'm not the craftiest.

    ReplyDelete