So without further ado, we introduce to you....
TUCKER'S RETRO AIRPLANE NURSERY!
View 1 :)
View 2 :)
View 3 :)
View 4 :)
THE MURALS
My 2nd Cousin, Scott McMahon, did such an awesome job on Tucker's Airplane Tower Growth Chart Mural & the Birth Date Runway Mural...as well as the TUCKER banner flying above Tucker's Crib.
Thanks Again Scott!
To check out his work click here below - he is an awesome comic book illustrator!
http://www.scootcomics.com/
Phase 1
Tucker's Airplane Tower Growth Chart
Phase 1
Birth Date Runway Mural
Finished!
Finished!
TUCKER Airplane Banner
I used some canvas from a roll I've had left over from a painting I did in our house
THE SEWN ACCENTS & MORE
My mom, the seamstress responsible for so many of Stella's clothes & special pieces in her room as well, did such an incredible job on Tucker's Crib Bumper, Nursery Pillows, and the Poofy White Felt Clouds on his ceiling!
THANK YOU MOM, Love You!!!
View 1 :)
View 2 :)
View 4 :)
THE MURALS
My 2nd Cousin, Scott McMahon, did such an awesome job on Tucker's Airplane Tower Growth Chart Mural & the Birth Date Runway Mural...as well as the TUCKER banner flying above Tucker's Crib.
Thanks Again Scott!
To check out his work click here below - he is an awesome comic book illustrator!
http://www.scootcomics.com/
Phase 1
Tucker's Airplane Tower Growth Chart
Phase 1
Birth Date Runway Mural
Finished!
Finished!
TUCKER Airplane Banner
I used some canvas from a roll I've had left over from a painting I did in our house
THE SEWN ACCENTS & MORE
My mom, the seamstress responsible for so many of Stella's clothes & special pieces in her room as well, did such an incredible job on Tucker's Crib Bumper, Nursery Pillows, and the Poofy White Felt Clouds on his ceiling!
THANK YOU MOM, Love You!!!
We based the design of the crib bumper and pillows around this commonly seen airplane wing decal
And NOW FOR ALL THE CUTE LITTLE MEANINGFUL
DETAILS!
This photo is of my husband when he was about 3 years old, so in about 1977, getting ready to board his Grandfather's plane
I had this photo digitized and then printed on a piece of wood, Walnut
And how about Tucker's initials - could they be any cuter :)
Tucker's already got a nice collection of cute little boy hats like newboy caps & fedoras!
They actually make them for 6-month olds...omg it's too cute!
I bought this 70's dresser at a local consignment store & as you can see from all pics here - painted it black.
It's Tucker's changing table but with much more purpose since it has all the drawers!
Justin &a Stella sanded the original finish down. She's a very good helper!
Finished!
We added our own knobs to both dressers. Justin made them from these cute retro airplane play blocks that were handmade by someone on Etsy.
Cookie Cutter will be used for his 1st Bday Party of course!
These particular hooks hanging on either side of the airplane shelf here are of some significance, just like the numbers on the runway mural :)
His Birthday
June 30
06 30
:)
There is just ONE MORE THING I want to do with his nursery....I even got the paint when I got the blue sky paint...but I just can't seem to get around to it, but some day I will :)
I want to paint a big white poofy cloud, outlined with black paint like the rest of the clouds in his room, behind this airplane shelf....kind of like as if the airplane is flying out of a cloud. Not really, but this wall needs something and I think that is it - even though it's got alot going on here, it need a big giant white cloud, don't ya think :)
When I came across these toddler size airplane bomber jacket - well you just know I had to get it for Tuck. It will be his special 1st bday present. It's adorable all the way around with fun patches.
And the last of the hooks - these T's are actually hidden, one on each side of the inside closet wall
The little parachute dude sways from side to side, tick tock tick tock
Airplane Shelf lent to us from Britny, her son Asa had this in his nursery 12 years ago, awwww
8 years ago my Aunt Snookie made copper embellishments like this one for all of our light switches - this one used to be in our bedroom until I realized it looks just like the propeller of an airplane - so it's now in his nursery
Tucker wore this cap that a friend crocheted for him at his newborn photoshoot
it was so precious
Tucker's RTB onesie, Justin's side biz, RealtimeBid.com - it's actually a hand me down from Stella, awww look below, that's her in it!
The hat was a baby gift from a friend and business colleague of Justin's
Stella, 4 months in their RTB onesie
This little 4-drawer thing comes in handy holding Q-tips, Aquafor Tub, Drool Bibs, etc.
THE AIRPLANES
Each airplane flying in Tucker's room has one of Stella's little finger puppet animals as the pilot. These were something we got her when she was a little baby - she was happy to share them with Tucker :)
The first airplane to be hung of course was given the little Elephant
I made the T star decals for this one
Check out the "cargo" next to the airplane...just some cute little hinged boxes I got at no other than HOBBBBYYY LOBBBYYYY
Good Night Michigan book & the wooden Michigan teether given to us by our dear friends & fellow Michiganders, Britny & Cory :)
And saving the best airplane for last of course
We got this in Leland, MI
The place where Tucker is named after
Tucker Leland C.
Posing ever so excitingly next to his very special airplane, 20 days old here :)
THE PICTURES
This photo melts our hearts
Tucker's Birth Announcement Pic
Wearing the T onesie I made him
Week 20 Ultrasound Pic
The original pic
Printed on wood
Tucker and his Big Sister, Stella
at his Newborn Photoshoot
5 days old
This picture is so very sweet to me
I saved the best for last...
MY FAMILY
And that's all folks!
Tucker, I hope you enjoy looking through this post some day to see all the love we put into your nursery.
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH LITTLE BOY!
And NOW FOR ALL THE CUTE LITTLE MEANINGFUL
DETAILS!
This photo is of my husband when he was about 3 years old, so in about 1977, getting ready to board his Grandfather's plane
I had this photo digitized and then printed on a piece of wood, Walnut
And how about Tucker's initials - could they be any cuter :)
They actually make them for 6-month olds...omg it's too cute!
I bought this 70's dresser at a local consignment store & as you can see from all pics here - painted it black.
It's Tucker's changing table but with much more purpose since it has all the drawers!
Justin &a Stella sanded the original finish down. She's a very good helper!
We added our own knobs to both dressers. Justin made them from these cute retro airplane play blocks that were handmade by someone on Etsy.
Cookie Cutter will be used for his 1st Bday Party of course!
These particular hooks hanging on either side of the airplane shelf here are of some significance, just like the numbers on the runway mural :)
His Birthday
June 30
06 30
:)
There is just ONE MORE THING I want to do with his nursery....I even got the paint when I got the blue sky paint...but I just can't seem to get around to it, but some day I will :)
I want to paint a big white poofy cloud, outlined with black paint like the rest of the clouds in his room, behind this airplane shelf....kind of like as if the airplane is flying out of a cloud. Not really, but this wall needs something and I think that is it - even though it's got alot going on here, it need a big giant white cloud, don't ya think :)
When I came across these toddler size airplane bomber jacket - well you just know I had to get it for Tuck. It will be his special 1st bday present. It's adorable all the way around with fun patches.
And the last of the hooks - these T's are actually hidden, one on each side of the inside closet wall
The little parachute dude sways from side to side, tick tock tick tock
Airplane Shelf lent to us from Britny, her son Asa had this in his nursery 12 years ago, awwww
8 years ago my Aunt Snookie made copper embellishments like this one for all of our light switches - this one used to be in our bedroom until I realized it looks just like the propeller of an airplane - so it's now in his nursery
Tucker wore this cap that a friend crocheted for him at his newborn photoshoot
it was so precious
Tucker's RTB onesie, Justin's side biz, RealtimeBid.com - it's actually a hand me down from Stella, awww look below, that's her in it!
The hat was a baby gift from a friend and business colleague of Justin's
Stella, 4 months in their RTB onesie
This little 4-drawer thing comes in handy holding Q-tips, Aquafor Tub, Drool Bibs, etc. THE AIRPLANES
Each airplane flying in Tucker's room has one of Stella's little finger puppet animals as the pilot. These were something we got her when she was a little baby - she was happy to share them with Tucker :)
The first airplane to be hung of course was given the little Elephant
I made the T star decals for this one
Good Night Michigan book & the wooden Michigan teether given to us by our dear friends & fellow Michiganders, Britny & Cory :)
And saving the best airplane for last of course
We got this in Leland, MI
The place where Tucker is named after
Tucker Leland C.
Posing ever so excitingly next to his very special airplane, 20 days old here :)
THE PICTURES
This photo melts our hearts
Tucker's Birth Announcement Pic
Wearing the T onesie I made him
Week 20 Ultrasound Pic
The original pic
Printed on wood
Tucker and his Big Sister, Stella
at his Newborn Photoshoot
5 days old
This picture is so very sweet to me
MY FAMILY
And that's all folks!
Tucker, I hope you enjoy looking through this post some day to see all the love we put into your nursery.
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH LITTLE BOY!



































































No comments:
Post a Comment