July 8, 2010

Stella Hits The Carnival!


We went to the Traverse City Annual Cherry Festival today, on Great Grandma Stella's Birthday, July 8th.  This is a week long festival and Miss Stella hit the carnival and rode her first carnival ride!  JoNanna, i know you will barely be able to watch this video - but don't worry she was fine and SHE LOVED IT!  And the video is blurry because of the zoom Ter-bear had it on but in the beginning look for when Stella totally waves to them from up above and the photo above of her on "The Crazy Bus" with the huge grin reflects how she was in video....but you can't see the detail.

It was a fun-filled day for her of playing the carnival game with the ducks in the water where she grabbed her very own and won a prize (a big yellow floating squeaking duck), watching the "Air Dogs" show where dogs ran and leaped into a giant pool & they measured how far they went in the pool and people watching or shall i say "carnie watching".  And Stella topped the day off with one of her favorites, a complimentary mini-ice cream cone from the Sleeping Bear Ice Cream Parlor in Suttons Bay.

As you can see above, i could not resist this "photo opp!" as i call them which happens probably 100 times a day of Stella in front of the carnival ride with all the sweet cute flying elephants.  And it reminds me of my search for some elephants that my dad can add wings to for her nursery.  I need to get back on that project because i do not have enough things in her nursery ;)

4 comments:

  1. I am with JoNanna, I could barely watch!! You are brave for going on that ride and even braver for taking Stella. It looks scary!! LOL I'm not very big into rides, they make me sick and nervous. The last time I was at Cedar Point I was 15 years old, so what is that, 17 years ago!!! That shows you how much I love rids.......

    Stella looked happy as a clam though, she is a daredevil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of flying elephants, John and I have a special surprise for Miss Stella. That's all I'm going to say because I don't want to spoil it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, i want to re-phrase that...

    omg - Stella can't wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete