June 22, 2011

Our Acorn to Oak Program at Westside Montessori

We had our first day at Westside Montessori for the Acorn to Oak program we are enrolled in this summer.  June 22 - Aug. 3 Stella & I will go every wed. from 10:45 - 12:15.

The Acorn to Oak class is an 8-week program designed for young children who are not enrolled in a Montessori program and who are 13 months (must be walking) through 3 years. This class provides Stella an opportunity for her and I to work together in a Montessori classroom in a small group setting.  A teacher introduces the parent, me, to the Montessori philosophy, materials, and techniques to aid in working with Stella at home. And in addition to the developmentally-appropriate Montessori work, grace and courtesy are modeled during snack time.  Class may also include a group circle time with movement and music.  We top off the day with time out on their playground where Stella was all about the slides.

P.S.  There are a set of triplets in the class with us and their parents are older, in their MID FIFTIES!!  Can you say Just Shoot Me Now!   All kidding aside,  they were very sweet and clearly over-worked but knew the 18-month old stage of their triplets would not last forever.  Very sweet people.

Stella and I look forward to our class next week :)

 Stella & Sophie


 Drinking Out Of Her Little Glass Cup - too cute


Stella, Sophie, Liliana, Kaitlyn (triplet), Shawn (triplet) and other triplet not at table

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 01, 2011

    Well, there is a new stage after 18 months, called terrible 2s. I thought it was a myth, nope, it hit here at 27 months, those poor parents :o)

    I also don't know how they keep up being in their 50s, wow. I give them a lot of credit.

    -Jill (still won't let me post under my google acct)

    ReplyDelete